EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE AS A KEY STRATEGY
EX and CX are not parallel but integrated together to deliver superior brand
trust and brand experience. It’s important to recognize key digital worker personas protecting the
diversity, harmony and symphony in the Digital Workplace.
FOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE (CX)
- Refresher on Customer Experience
- How Does Employee Experience Impact Customer Experience
- Steps to Improve Employee Experience
- Technologies for Enhanced Employee Experiences
KEY DIGITAL WORKER PERSONASWe distinguish five types — segments — of digital worker, based on combinations of their career stage, demographics and attitude toward technology and the people who manage them.
- Technology elite, confident in digital skills
- Use "latest and greatest"
- In tune with the organization's digital strategy
- Prefer work-provided technologies
- Look for flexibility in working with technology
- Keen users of technology
- Most likely to use apps their organizations did not approve
- Works with new apps
- Stretch digital skills
- Use both company provided and personal apps
- Least usage and confident with technology
- Less likely to use technology not provided by their organization
- Access toless up-to-date work technology
- Less productive
- Technology proficient
- Mostly use "traditional" technology
- Digital skills are highly valued
- Less productive outside the office
Without Great Employee Experience, You Can Forget Great Customer Experience
Meaning of CX and EX and The interdependence has changed after COVID-19
The Causal Theory So far…..
Enhance Operational Performance
Improve Customer Experience
Increase Employee Engagement
Stock performance comparison, 1997 to 2014
Does Employee Engagement Matter for CX?
Impact of employee engagement on customer experience
(versus other factors)
Enhancing Employee Engagement Will Improve the Customer Experience
Invest in Employee ExperienceAmount by which companies that invest in employees Outperform those that don’t
Look Beyond Engagement to Employee Experience (EX)
Employee Engagement as the extent to which: (1) a worker is willing to apply discretionary effort clearly in order to achieve organizational goals and (2) feels the organization enables employees to do their best work all the time.
Employee Experience as the employee’s perceptions and related feelings caused by the one-off and cumulative effect of interactions with their employer’s customers, partners, leaders, teams, processes, policies, tools, and overall work environment. It’s a win-win for employees, and stakeholders .
Engagement Hinges on Five Key Factors
Relationship with direct supervisor and manager
Perception of senior Leadership
Opportunities for career growth and develpment
- 3 levels of EX
Employee replationship with a company over time
Journeys at job-specific or personal milestones
Daily work touchpoint:
Frequent interactions with colleagues, processes, and technology
- 3 types of metrics
Do employees feel empowered, inspired, and enabled?
Characteristics of experiences (e.g. time in meetings)
What employees do as a result (e.g. quit)
Where to Invest in Employee Experience
“We want to create an experience that reminds employees of their consumer experiences. We want it to be described as easy, personalized, seamless, consistent, empowering — and in other similar ways.”
CHRO, Professional Services
What Is Employee Journey Mapping
- Similar concept to customer journey mapping
- Step-by-step documentation of how employees actually engage
- Multiple scales — from high-end employee life cycle to “day in the life of an employee” and task execution
- Tied to roles and personas
- Reality rather than aspirations
- An employee journey is an employee-facing process from the employee’s+ customer’s perspective
The Changing Relationship Between
and Technology in the Workplace
Reactive experiences Driven by technological constraints
Proactive experiences from learned preferences, movement andemotion Personalized and socially aware
The Changing Relationship Between
and Customers in the Business Environment
Driven by OQ (IQ + EQ = XQ >>>OQ)
Active expectations from improved, differentiated deliverables
Personalized and customer driven
PRESENTING RADICAL WORK NUCLEUSPost COVID environment caused significant shifts in EX and CX unification. Radical Work Nucleus Creates Opportunities for IT and HR to Focus on Micro-Culture Advancements.
Fill in the following form and one of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly.