Customer 360 Key Issues
Virgin Trains’ Customer Moment
The solutionYour train to Manchester has arrived! We’re just giving it a quick spruce and we’ll text shortly. Your train to Manchester is boarding on Platform 2. You’re in coach A, seats 12, and 13.
Brand name, logo and colors.
Client based Delivery and Reciepts to track and measure
Choose a suggested reply like "Change Seat" to navigate to further functionality.
Security and Peace of Mind for Consumers.
Pictures, Videos, GIF sharing. Dynamic Content for tickets, Loyalty Cards, Coupons etc.
Select an Action button like "Contact Virgin" to initiate a phone call.
Starbucks’ Customer Moment
Anticipate customer needs:
- Close to a store
- In line
- Ordering with app
- Waiting for their order
- Consuming in store
SNICKERS’ "Hungry" Moment
Reaching new demographics based on "hangry" moments:
- Consumers followed SNICKERS on Twitter
- Tied price of a SNICKERS bar to the consumer sentiment
- Price dropped when people got "angry"
Customer Moments Are Becoming Smaller
and They Demand "Hyperpersonalization"
- Customer journey
- One to many
- Customer moments
- Guided service
- Postchannel experience
The Importance of Short-Term and Real-Time
Customer Data in Personalization
- Persona and Segment
- Persona: 32-year-old-health-conscious woman living in California with her family.
- Segment: 25 − 35; Female; California resident; loyal customer; discerning shopper; app user.
Potential Shopper Journeys
Monday: Sarah opens the retailer’s app in search of this year’s back-to-school deals for her children.
Thursday: After browsing options online, Sarah stops by the store to buy treats for her cat.
Saturday: Sarah buys a gift online for her husband, then visits the store to pick it up the following day.
- Long-Term Behavior Insights
- Transaction History
- Past Brand Interactions
- Previous Review and Questions
- Short-Term Behavior Triggers
- Current Online Browsing Patterns
- In-Store Endpoint Interactions
- Cart Items
- Loyalty/Reward Point Balance
- Environmental Considerations
- Current Location
- Local Time
- Area Weather
Continuous Intelligence Is Required to
Deliver Continuous Experience
Leading Edge Applications Have Used
Continuous Intelligence for Years
Mobile device navigation systems
More than 80% of equity trades
Google pop-up ads
Airlines’ and railroads’ enterprise nervous systems
Continuous Intelligence: Why Going Mainstream Now?
Low cost, high performance, CPUs, GPUs, memory, storage, networks, cloud computing, and mobile devices
Internet of Things, inexpensive sensor data and social media data
Widely available ML, AI, stream analytics, and time-series DBMS software
- Accelerating pace of business
- Increased customer expectations
- Worldwide competition
Continuous Intelligence Enables Smarter Business Decisions
Real-Time Data and Advanced Analytics
Always on for situation awareness1
Increase Capabilities for Event-Driven,
Real-Time Situational Awareness
- Event visibility and context over customer journey
- Automate, act, and achieve customer experience
- Unified messaging across inbound and outbound channels
- Human interaction suggestions based on intelligence
- Timely insight of cross-channel engagement efficiency and effectiveness
- Prescriptive analytics that prescribe the best course of action (automated or human-driven)
- Event-driven recommendations
- Increased ability of executing CRM and customer experience objectives
Drive Continuous Intelligence Into Customer Engagement Hub
Decisions Based on Continuous Intelligence Are More Effective
Integrated Continuous Intelligence Makes 360-Degree Customer Views Into 360-Degree Real-Time Views
Strategic Planning Assumption
By 2022, more than half of major new business systems will incorporate continuous intelligence that uses real-time context data to improve decisions.
How Does a Real-Time CEH Look Like for a Bank?
How Does a Real-Time CEH Look Like for a Retailer?
Get in touch with us to know more about CRM/CX technologies and Digital Transformation best practices. Our teams are here for creating experience edge!